Cover

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Mamma Mia Wedding Dress Inspiration

I just watched Mamma Mia for the first time on DVD.  Dear hubby got it for me as a Valentine's Day present...and being the lazy day that it was, it was a perfect day to enjoy this light-hearted movie.

Everything about weddings is fascinating to me, and especially interesting is where designers draw their inspiration from.  I searched online and found this nice quote from the Mamma Mia gown designer, Ann Roth, "I was inspired by the statues of Athenian Maidens of the Acropolis, known as Korai..."

Pictured below is Amanda Seyfried in the Mamma Mia wedding gown, and on the right a statue of an Athenian Maiden.  Notice the layering, draping, and diagonal features they have in common.  Just beautiful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment